Sunday, August 9, 2009
Peanut Butter Cookies and Awards
Digging into the history of my experiments, If you remember I had planned to make Irish potato candy for which I had got this peanut butter. Since I had the biggest flop show of turning it into disaster halwa, I had the peanut butter waiting to change its form for quite some time. So here is my cookies that amazingly turned out well. ;)
Peanut butter - 1 cup
Butter - 1/3 cup
Light brown sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Milk - 3 tblsp
Vanilla extract - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F(190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in egg, milk and vanilla. Now sift flour, baking soda and salt together and then stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Now make small balls and press them with your hand and place it on the bake ware. Bake for 8 to 10 min. Once done transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
You can add your favorite topping to the cookies like cashews, almond, Hershey's kisses chocolates or even Cadbury gems. This makes it look more interesting. :) Peanut butter cookies is ready to eat. :) Enjoy making, happy eating :)
And now I should really thank Parita , Vineela Siva and Preethi for passing such cute awards to me along with a tag. Here it goes
Thanks a lot for the awards. :) It makes me fly...
Answers to the tag :
1.what is your current obsession?
2. What are you wearing today?
Cargoes and a Tee
3. What’s for dinner?
Ghee rice with veg kuruma
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
5. What are you listening to right now?
Oye telugu movie songs by Yuvan
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Parita - She is one of my best blogger buddy for now. She is absolutely friendly and really really sweet. :) I love her baking creations. She rocks. :)
Preethi - She is absolutely enthusiastic and a regular blogger unlike us. She is too friendly and always encourages me by commenting on my dishes. I guess there is no post without her comments in my blog. Thanks a lot for your support my sweet friend. :)
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Chennai - India. (will never want to leave my mother land) :)
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cotton pants, Tee's, cotton salwars, skirts etc
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Telugu - its my mother tongue. But I really dont know to read or write. :(
11. Who do you want to meet right now?
All my friends.. miss them all so much.
12. What is your favorite colour?
13. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A yellow churidar
14. What is your dream job?
Astronaut who can really fly to the space like Kalpana Chawala
15. What’s your favourite magazine?
16. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
17. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Badly matched clothes
18. Who are your style icons?
19. Describe your personal style?
Indo western and simple.
21. What are your favourite movies?
Loads.. Kannathil muthamittal, Anbe sivam, Jab we met, Jaaney tu, Bomarillu, Osthanatey odhantana, Ice age, Finding Nemo etc etc
22. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Dress simple and neat. A dignified look attracts more than funky ones.
23. Coffee or tea?
No No. Complan :)
24. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Listen to music or talk to friends.
25. What is the meaning of your name?
Prosperity everyday :)
26. Which other blogs you love visiting?
All the blogs that I follow.
27. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Chocolate truffle with vanilla ice cream
28. Favorite Season?
29. What gift would please you the most now?
SLR camera.... I badly want one. ;)
30: Which is your favorite international cuisine ?
Italian and Chinese
31. Your favorite kitchen tool?
A spoon.. ;)
I have changed the dream destination question to what gift can please you the most now?
My question: Who loves your cookery the most?
The rules are:
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
I am nominating all my blogger friends for this award. :)
Written by: Nithya
post your queries to email@example.com