Salads are the most healthy food that can supplement any meal or snack or hunger bites etc ;)
I used to love having fresh salads at 4pm when my stomach grumbles for snacks. Oh no, thought I don't have a so called zero figure, I do want to maintain what I am.
Salads are healthy, yummy and interesting always. There are loads of ways you can make a salad. I love them salty, spicy and sweet as well. :)
Here are two versions of making a perfectly orange looking salad. :) Enjoy the orange of life ;)
Color Mania #6: Orange
Did you know?
- The color is named after the orange fruit, introduced to English via the Spanish word naranja which came from the Sanskrit word नारङ्ग (nāraṅga).
- Before it was introduced to the English -speaking world, the color was referred to (in old English) as geoluhread, which means yellow-red.
- Orange is Netherlands' national color, dating back to the Dutch War of Independence and the rebel Prince of Orange.
- In Ireland, the use of orange dates from the reign of William of Orange, the Protestant English king and a Dutch stadholder.
- In China and Japan, orange is used to symbolize happiness and love.
- In the United States Army, orange is the color of the United States Army Signal Corps.
- The nickname of the Dutch National Soccer (Football) team is Oranje, the Dutch word for "orange."
- In the sport of baseball many foul poles are orange.
- Orange can also be associated with colleges. Among notable colleges with orange as a colour include the University of Texas(colors burnt orange and white), Syracuse University (whose mascot is the Orange), and the University of Tennessee(whose colors are orange and white).
Carrots- 2 large
Orange - 1
Papaya - 1 small
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Garlic - 1 pod
White pepper - for taste
Mixed herbs - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Lemon extract - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - a pinch
Salt - for taste
Cut the carrots into ribbons using a peeler down the length of the carrot. Do the same with the papaya too. Peel the oranges and remove the thin skin. Mix all the three together.
Take two tsp of olive oil in a pan and add one pod of crushes garlic to it. Fry for just two mins and remove the garlic from the oil.
Now add the oil to the salad and toss it. Add herbs, salt, sugar, lemon extract and white pepper to it and toss again. Let this marinate for around 15 mins and then serve. :)
The perfect orange salad is ready to eat :) Enjoy eating :)
Orange Sweet Salad
Carrot - 1
Papaya - 1
Oranges - 2
Honey - 3 tsp
Condensed milk - 3 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp (optional)
Cut the carrots into ribbons using a peeler down the length of the carrot. Do the same with the papaya too. Slice the oranges horizontally and very gently remove the outer skin alone. Mix all the three together.
Drizzle some honey and condensed milk on top of it. Add some granular sugar if you have a sweeeeeet tooth ;)
Enjoy eating a veggi cum fruity delight :)
This kind of presentation would be a great attraction when you serve for a party ;)
Enjoy making :)
Written by: Nithya
Send in your queries by clicking here.