Friday, August 21, 2009
Horse gram Soup / Rasam & an Award
Horse gram - what comes to your mind when you hear this???!!!!. :) Blink blink.. I know its the gram that is used to feed horses. When it can make horse so powerful.. wont it do good to us too. :):)
Lets get the horse power.. :) Say cheers with a cup of healthy horse gram soup today. :)
Horse Gram - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 6 flakes
Big onion - 1
Salt - for taste
Curry leaves - few
Tamarind - small lemon sized
Coconut - 2 tblsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Red chillies - 4
Asafoetida - a pinch
Black gram - 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram - 1/2 tsp
Dry roast the horse gram and then pressure cook till soft and keep it aside. Now in a pan take few spoons of oil and fry the masala items for few min. Then grind them finely along with 1 1/2 tblsp of cooked horse gram and coconut.
In a pan take a spoon of oil and crackle mustard and fry along with red chillies, garlic and chopped onion. Now add the ground paste to it and fry till good smell comes from it. Add the remaining cooked horse gram, tamarind extract, jaggery and salt to it and allow it to boil for a while. Finally garnish with curry leaves.
Horse gram soup or rasam is ready to serve. :) Serve it hot with steamed rice and chips or just have it as a hot soup. Happy making. :)
Now for the award:
I should really thank my sweet blogger friends for nominating me for the award. Its absolutely nice of you to encourage me so much.
Thanks a million to Gheeth of En samayal arayil , Ammu of Ammuvin samayal kuripugal and Sushma Mallya of Authentic Food delights.
Thanks to Dhanyaa Rajeesh of Amma's adukkal for passing the cretive blogger award.
And my best buddy Parita of Parita's world has passed me the ABC tag :) Thank you dear.
So here it goes
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share the ABCs of you.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let the 4 tagged people know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so that there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.
1. A – Available/Single? Single
2. B – Best friend? Loads
3. C – Cake or Pie? Cake
4. D – Drink of choice? Mango Complan
5. E – Essential item you use every day? PC and Mobile
6. F – Favorite color? Aqua Blue and Red
7. G – Gummy Bears Or Worms? Gummy Bears
8. H – Hometown? Salem - Tamil Nadu
9. I – Indulgence? Many - Shakes, Candies, ice creams, chaats etc. the list goes on.
10. J – January or February? Y not March :(
11. K – Kids & their names? Ha ha, yet to get married. But have loads of names in mind.
12. L – Life is incomplete without? Love and affection
13. M – Marriage date? Not Applicable
14. N – Number of siblings? 1 elder sis
15. O – Oranges or Apples? Oranges
16. P – Phobias/Fears? Route phobia combined with darkness phobia.. I often get lost :):(
17. Q – Quote for today? Whatever happens, life has to go on (courtesy vaaranam aayiram movie)
18. R – Reason to smile? I really don't need one. I keep smiling.. :):):)
19. S – Season? Rainy season in Chennai. If at all it comes. :)
.20. T – Tag 3 People? Right here????
21. U – Unknown fact about me? Its really unknown
22. V – Vegetable you don't like? Brinjal
23. W – Worst habit? Very naughty. Not sure if it is harmful.
24. X – X-rays you've had? Too many..
25. Y – Your favorite food? Everything I make. I have no choice.
26. Z – Zodiac sign? Pisces.
I am passing this tag and awards to Vedha, Sandhya, Supri and Abhi.
Written by: Nithya
post your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org