BLUE - it ended up being a mind boggling color when it comes to food. There is hardly any choice to make. But then here is my blue now :)
Blue Curacao syrup is the key ingredient that I used to bring the vibrant color to celebrate the blue of life ;)
Thanks a million to my friends, Parita and Pari for suggesting me blue curacao. It was a brilliant idea and I enjoyed it so much. Parita gave me the blue lagoon recipe as well. A special thanks to you dear :)
Blue curacao is a combinational citric syrup which contains sweet lime and orange together with synthetic color and additional flavoring too. Its not totally natural, but then its okay when it comes to making mocktails that we rarely relish. :)
Color Mania #9: Blue
Did you know: -
- Blue is considered one of the additive primary colors.
- Blue, blue-green, and green are sacred colors in Iran, where they symbolize paradise.
- In India, paintings of the god Krishna often depict him as having blue skin.
- In the United States, post office mailboxes are typically blue.
- In Mexico, blue is the color of mourning.
- Powder blue is often used in products to promote cleanliness and purity.
- Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue.
- The 1993 film "Blue" consists entirely of the color blue with narration and soundbytes.
- Mosquito's are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.
Blue curacao syrup
Vanilla Ice cream
Fill in 1/4 of your serving glass with curacao syrup. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to it. Finally fizz the soda on top of it and mix it just once and quickly serve it :)
The blue color is damn attractive and vanilla goes awesome with curacao. :)
Enjoy the yummy blue lagoon :) Happy making :)
Blue Curacao Jelly and Crush
I was badly wanting to make something interesting with blue curacao syrup. So came up with the jelly idea which I can use to make a blue dessert :)
Get a pack of plain jelly crystals or china grass crystals or gelatin. Proceed making jelly according to the instructions behind. Include the curacao syrup along with water and measure according to the pack instructions.
Adjust the water measurement according to the consistency of jelly that you want. I used more china grass crystals to make thick and firm jellys and used less crystals to make the crush consistency of jelly :)
Play with it as you like to make different dessert toppings :)
Top the jellys with ice cream of your choice and enjoy the bluey dessert :)